Sunday’s predictions: Today.
Besides mentally preparing for the In Memoriam (RIP Louis Jourdan) portion of the evening, I am once again predicting the top fashion trends of the evening. Sadly if the Golden Globes were any indication, my predictions (even the safe ones) may be lost to an overall theme. One word: Pageant. (I'm pointing fingers at you Versace)
- Demure necklines – think high Victorian necklines or prim collars.
- Sheer, see-through etc. - Whether it’s lace or organza, the message is: “Look at my underpants!”
- Underpants – See above. With a host of runways sporting deliberately coordinated underthings, I predict underpants to be the accessory du jour.
- Pleats – it’s been spat up on runways for almost two seasons, plus Lupita did it last year*
- The color yellow – this season’s ‘red’
- The color cobalt blue – the less adventurous yellow.
- Thigh – After two years we get it, you all have legs; thanks a million Angelina Jolie.
- Strategic cut-outs – This includes mid-riffs (last years Met Gala’s runaway trend)
- Florals – simply because you can’t swing a cat with out hitting a Giambattista Valli gauzy floral dress anymore.